Family Visa

Moving abroad and leaving your loved ones on opposite coast is not easy. One of the objectives of Government of Canada is to see that families are reunited. Certain family members may qualify to settle in Canada long-term and become permanent residents under family class category. After becoming permanent residents, they can live, study and work in Canada, thus you no longer need to apply for visitor visa and provide letter of invitation.

Like other immigration categories, family class sponsorship has certain requirements, such as minimum necessary income which should be met by sponsor. If you are wondering how to sponsor someone to Canada, you should start from reviewing family sponsorship applications, eligibility and requirements. You may be eligible to sponsor a child, spouse or a common-law partner living outside or inside Canada if you are 18 years of age or older, and you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. If you are a Canadian citizen, or a permanent resident living in Canada you may apply for sponsorship of your spouse, common-law partner, children, parents, and/or grandparents. Here is the list of programs that are focused on reuniting family members. You may sponsor more than one relative/group of relatives, once the 3 year period after sponsoring the previous one has passed and you can still meet all the sponsorship requirements.

Contact our specialists to help you with the application for family visa and reuniting with your family!

Get Free Assessment